Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday, August 19, 2010 -- Goodbyes.

¡Hola! ¿Como estan? [Hello! How are all of you?]

I cannot beleive that I have been here three weeks already! One third of my time in the MTC is already gone. I feel like the next two years will pass away and I'll look back and say, like Jacob, that my mission "passed away like as it were unto . . . a dream" (Jacob 7:26). I am trying to seize every moment while I can, because I love my mission!

The last few days have been very interesting and have given my a taste of what it will be like to say goodbye to my friends and investigators in Chile. Two of the Elders in my district--Elders Griffey and Sederholm-- went to the Guatemala MTC on Tuesday. Saying goodbye to them was extremely difficult. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of love! And as we Elders have learned about this gospel and taught each other, we have come to love each other deeply and have developed everlasting friendships.


A couple of weeks ago, when we were going to the temple, two of the Elders from my district didn't make it in time for the session. Throughout the session I was thinking of them and how much I wished they were there with me. I couldn't help but wonder where they were. I am usually the first of my district in the celestial room and I like to hug each of my Elders as they come in. It's so amazing to feel the love and happiness emanating there.

However, I was not able to share that joy with the two Elders that didn't make it. Before Elders Griffey and Sederholm left, we had a little testimony meeting and I related that experience. I told them that in next life, I don't want to have to wonder where any of them are. I told them that I had better be able to hug each one of them as they enter the celestial kingdom. Amidst tears we all promised that no matter what, we would see each other there. I love my mission!

I had another experience of saying goodbye this week. As I have said previously, Brother Catt (one of my teachers), is a convert. He celebrated his fifth year of being a member on this last Saturday. On Saturday, we were privileged to hear his conversion story. By hearing his testimony, mine was strengthened so much. At the end of his testimony, the Sisters and I (as usual) were in tears. Sister Deas said "Hermano [Brother] Catt, thank you so much for being our teacher. You always know just what to say." When she said that Hermano [Brother] Catt smiled and looked down and then said that he needed to talk to us about something.


He sat down in a chair and hunched over as if he had a heavy weight on his back. I felt inside as if my father was gathering the children around to tell us that a loved-one had passed away. Hermano [Brother] Catt began to cry and proceeded to tell us that his position as our teacher was half job and half calling and that in a few weeks he will be transferred to a new class (usually teachers stay the whole time with their district). He told us that on our mission we would have similar situations. I love Hermano [Brother] Catt and will miss him. I love my mission!

Thank you all so much for your birthday wishes and cards! I have received so many unexpected cards and letters. ¡Yo tengo mucho gozo en mi alma! [I have much joy in my soul!] I am so happy and I am working hard to deserve all the wonderful friends and family who support me and who have helped me in my life!

I have a favor to ask of anyone reading this. There is an Elder in my zone who I have come to love--Elder Michael Scott. He joined the Church about three years ago. He is an incredible person and has an incredible testimony. However, both his parents are dead and his two sisters are not members. They have not responded to any of his letters or emails. If you could send him a "deareleder," that would be amazing! Here is his info:

Elder Michael Scott
Mission: MEX-TIJ 0830
MTC Box# 270

Thank you so much!

I know that God is watching over my life and is blessing me and my family because of this small sacrifice. You are all in my prayers! I love my mission!

P.S. As of last night, I do not speak English EVER :) ¡ustedes amo mucho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [I love you all much!]

No comments:

Post a Comment