Thursday, November 18, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010--The First Change

Today is the day that comes every six weeks in the life of a missionary. It is a day looked forward to, but also dreaded. Today was my first day of cambios [transfers] here in Chile.

I especially was nervous this morning about the change, because I had gotten a call on Saturday morning telling me that I would be leaving my area. When the call came I of course was excited, but also devastated. I love it here in La Serena and we have such wonderful investigators and Church members here. Although I knew that it was the right thing and what the Lord wanted, I did not want to leave. I took consolation knowing that I would be leaving the area better than I found it.

Then on Saturday night, Elder Brady got a call from the zone leaders and they told him where I would be going, but he couldn't tell me. Today in zone meeting I found out where I was going. The zone leaders said, "Elder Rowley, se va" (you are going), "a quedarse" (to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Needless to say, I was confused at first, but then I realized that I would not be leaving!

Hooray! It turns out that originally I was being transferred to Brillador B (I´m in Brillador A-- same ward), but the Saturday night call told Elder Brady that we would be together for another change!

This last week was wonderful! I set three baptismal dates with our investigators this week. Danny, Juan's brother, readily accepted a baptismal date for the 27th. Also, Danny's girlfriend, Javiera accepted a baptismal date for the same day, unless she has her baby, then we will have to push back her date.


On that same date, we will have the baptism of an eleven year old girl named Dangela, who's mother is a less active member who recently reactivated herself. Also, on that day, we will have the baptism of Jorge and Pia, a father and his daughter. Finally, on that date, Tamara will be baptized. Then in December, Juan's parents will be married and then his mom will be baptized.

Great things are coming this change in Brillador and I am thankful to be here. I love it here.


I love my mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment