Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011 — Enos

Transfers are coming up and as usual, I have been working hard to leave the area better than I found it. Veronica, our investigator who is preparing for baptism, is progressing very well.  She is a bit slow when it comes to understanding, so we have to teach very simply and slowly.  However, she has the desires to be baptized and to learn.  This week we also taught two of her children, Jesus (age 14) and Lorena (age 12).  They also accepted [an invitation] to be baptized on the 26th of this month.  We are working with them to try and prepare them for that date.  The work is progressing and Elder Lecaros and I are begging to see the fruits of our labor as this transfer comes to an end.

In my personal study of the Book of Mormon, I recently read Enos.  As I read, I noticed something interesting.  The words of his father caused Enos to cry to the Lord.  First, Enos cries to the Lord for his own soul.  Then after he receives forgiveness and comfort from the Lord, he cries out for the Nephites and then for the Lamanites.  Truly this is how the gospel works within oneself.  After Enos had come to know the joy and comfort of the Lord, he cries out for his people the Nephites.  However, Enos does not stop with the Nephites, but also calls out to the Lord for his enemies, the Lamanites.  I pray that the Lord will give me the same desires and faith that Enos had.  That I too can come to know the Lord as Enos did and that my friends, family, and ´´enemies´´ can come to know him too.

. . . I love my mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment