Friday, April 8, 2011

Monday, February 21, 2011 — The Spirit Teaches

Last week we were doing tours of the church and found Ximena.  We have now taught her twice this last week.  In the last lesson that we had, we were teaching her about the need to be baptized.  We explained that Jesus showed us the example of how to be baptized and taught us that we have to be baptized in order to enter God´s kingdom (John 3:5).  She then looked at us with tears in her eyes and said, ´´So if I don´t get baptized the same way that Christ was, then I can´t go to heaven?´´  I then repeated the question back to her and asked her what she thought.  We waited in silence.  She sat thinking as the Spirit testified.  She then said,  ´´No,  I know that I have to be baptized, I have to be baptized.´´  The Spirit was so strong.  We didn´t talk much, rather we testified, read scriptures and let the Spirit teach her as she discovered the answers for herself.

There isn´t much time, I´m sorry.  More will come next week, I promise!

I´ll end with an experience. A couple of days ago, we stopped by to check on Hermana Acuña.  She told us that the night that we gave her the blessing, she slept like a rock.  Ever since then she has not had a single problem sleeping! As all miracles are performed according to faith, I know that Hna Acuña has a lot of faith.  There truly are miracles performed today.  What a privilege it is to be able to hold the power of God and to be able to act in His name. . . .  He is guiding me and helping me find my lost brothers and sisters here in Chile.  I love Him. . . . I love my mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment