Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday, June 27, 2011—Ancelmo

This transfer is just flying by.  The first two weeks flew by because Elder Schiller and I bonded so well.  Now, another week has past rapidly due to the changes that have happened and the work that we have done.  


 

Elder Rowett and I are getting along really well.  He is from Arizona and came to the mission one transfer before I did.  We are actually "co-companions" which means that neither of us is the junior or senior companion.  However, that does not really mean anything because we work hard and do the Lord´s will just the same.  Elder Rowett is a great elder and an excellent cook.  Before the mission he worked as a chef and kitchen boss in many restaurants.  This week he has tempted me to break away from my diet by the smell of his delectable crepes, french toast and other creations.


 

Yesterday was a wonderful beautiful day as most Sundays are.  Armin attended church and was confirmed a member of the Church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  He asked me to bless him and confirm him.  What a humbling experience it is to see the change in this man and to be a part of that experience.  


 

This week we found a man named Ancelmo.  Something recently happened in his life and his wife left him with their daughter.  When we met him, he was extremely sad, even depressed.  He had done something wrong that caused his wife to leave.  However, he has the sincere desire to repent and be a better person.  He is truly looking for the Gospel of Jesus Christ-- the medicine that can heal any wound.  In our visits we have taught him about faith, repentance, baptism, the holy ghost, and keeping the commandments of God.  As we taught him, I could see a spark of joy and hope light up his countenance.  He has been humble and hurt for what he did.  Now, he is trying to repent and become a better person.  Last night, I asked him, "what can you do to show God that you want to change and do things the right way."  Ancelmo responded humbly and sincerely, "be baptized."  The Spirit was present in the room and taught Ancelmo what my words could not.  He has a planned baptismal date for the 24th of July.  What a great way to celebrate Pioneer Day! :)


 

***

Sorry the letter is short today, I had some work I had to do and my fingers are freezing making it hard to type, but next week you will for sure receive a lengthy letter.


 

***


 

I love my mission so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment